The W.P.T. Directory of Job
Rooms Division Manager
PLACE OF WORK
- Housekeeping & Front Office
SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE
- Responsible for the general operation of both Front Office i.e. Reception, Reservations,
Concierge and Switchboard and Housekeeping
- General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- Front Office Manager and staff
- Executive Housekeeper and staff
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
- May not make statements to the press.
- No purchasing of operating equipment without General Managers approval.
- No new employment / termination of employment without General Managers approval.
- Spot checking of hotel rooms to ensure standards are maintained
- Ensure correct staffing levels during peak and low occupancies
- Authorize all leave schedules
- Ensure control of expenditure is kept within budget
- Responsible for negotiating and controlling contractors
- Ensuring budgets set are achievable
- Ensure uniforms, linen and toweling and all relevant operating equipment is controlled
and sufficient for hotel needs.
- Monitor staff trained to company specifications
- Responsible for order of vehicles
- Responsible for plants and décor
- Review management rosters
- Attend weekly executive and sales meetings
- Attend General Managers briefings with Front Office and Housekeeping
- Chair weekly room division meetings