Scope of Services - Industrial Relations
- Assisting with or chairing disciplinary and grievance hearings·
- Facilitating poor performance / incapacity counselling meetings
- Drafting and negotiating disciplinary and workplace codes
- Negotiating recognition / access and procedural agreements
- Negotiating wage and substantive agreements
- Assistance in preparing for / or representation in Mediation and Arbitration proceedings (CCMA and Bargaining Councils), subject to the Rules of the CCMA.
- Guiding employers through organisational restructuring exercises (retrenchments / redundancies / changing conditions of employment) and assisting with / leading the consultation / negotiation processes
- Guiding employers through strikes, go-slows, work-to-rule, lockouts, picketing and other industrial action
- Contract Administration & Interpretation
- Managing and Monitoring Union Relations
- Workplace Forums
- IR Policy Development
Workinfo.com provides onsite labour consulting services at preferential consulting rates. To contact us for consulting services, please use the contact form below:-
For urgent queries, please contact our office. We will ensure that a qualified consultant contacts you as soon as possible.
We provide an integrated solution to day to day industrial relations and employee management concerns. We ensure the transfer of essential IR skills and knowledge to supervisors, management and employees / shop stewards. Each client's needs are evaluated individually and appropriate interventions costed and agreed to by client.
Industrial Relations Solutions
|Employer Association Membership||
|Industrial Relations Corporate Compliance Audit||
|Supervisory and Shop Steward IR Training||
|Bi-annual seminars on labour developments||
|Industrial Relations Management Manual||
|Employee communication - Line Ups||
In addition to the IR Solutions offered by Workplace Performance Technologies we provide a range of ongoing onsite support services. Our services may either be retained through membership of the employers association or on an ad hoc basis. Designated Regional Account Managers provide support services.
Industrial Relations Services
|Chairing of hearings||
|Designated regional consultant / account manager||
|Free Monthly e-newsletters & legislative updates||
Metrics & Measurements of Success
In consultation with the client, specific performance indicators are determined to ensure that industrial relations outcomes are being achieved. Aside from meeting legislative requirements, critical industrial relations outcomes are identified in accordance with corporate goals and objectives.
- Litigation costs
- Reduced staffing requirements
- Dispute Settlement Fees
- Comparative salary / wage costs
- Awareness of Company rules and regulations, parameters for acceptable performance and conduct
- Employee grievances and disputes (employee satisfaction)
- Transference of IR skills to supervisors
- Limited third party intervention
- Improved employee productivity
Implementation & Monitoring
Through regular client contact reports and status briefings, the client is in a position to evaluate, revise and monitor the implementation of agreed industrial relations activities.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
Latest from Gary Watkins
- Code of Good Practice: Collective Bargaining, Industrial Action and Picketing
- Regulations issued in terms of section 208 of the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 - Picketing Regulations
- Guidelines issued in terms of section 95(8)- Guidelines on registration of trade unions and employer organisations (2018)
- Guidelines on balloting for strikes or lockouts issued in terms of section 95 (9) of the LRA
- Rules for the conduct of proceedings before the CCMA w.e.f. 1 January 2019