The HR Scorecard: Linking People, Strategy, and Performance
Brian E. Becker, Mark A. Huselid, Dave Ulrich
Harvard Business School,
The book outlines a powerful measurement system for highlighting the role that human resources plays as a source of competitive advantage and a driver of value creation in a company. Builds on the proven Balanced Scorecard model, showing how to link HR's results to measures that gain respect such as profitability and shareholder value. Providing the tools and systems required for leading"measurement managed" HR architecture, this important book heralds the emergence of human resources as a strategic powerhouse in today's organizations.
Three experts in the field outline a powerful measurement system that highlights the indisputable role HR can play as both a prime source of sustainable competitive advantage and a key driver of value creation. They draw from an ongoing study of nearly 3,000 firms to outline a seven-step process they call an HR Scorecard, specifically designed to embed human resources systems within a firm's overall strategy and manage the HR architecture as a strategic asset. Building on the proven Balanced Scorecard model, they also show how to link HR's results to measures-such as profitability and shareholder value-that line managers and senior executives will understand and respect.
The authors argue that human resource's strategic role begins with designing an HR architecture-the HR function, the HR system, and strategic employee behaviours-that relentlessly emphasizes and reinforces the implementation of the firm's strategy. Using compelling examples from a variety of leading companies, they explain how to develop and implement an HR Scorecard in order to both manage the HR architecture as a strategic asset, as well as measure the contribution of that asset to firm performance.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
- Book Reviews
- Strategic Thinking: A step-by-step approach to strategy
- Making Change Happen One Person at a Time. Assessing Change Capacity within Your Organisation
- Making Change Happen One Person at a Time Assessing Change Capacity within Your Organization
- The HR Scorecard: Linking People, Strategy, and Performance
Latest from Gary Watkins
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q3:2021
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q2:2021
- Consolidated Directions on Occupational Health and Safety Measures in certain workplaces as at 11 June 2021
- COVID19TERS Benefits as at 20 July 2021
- Adjusted Level 3 Lockdown - 25 July 2021