Workinfo.com Newsletter - Extending HR's IT Capabilities
Extended IT Support from Workinfo.com
Human Resource professionals, just like their executive colleagues in operations, finance and other corporate functions, need a cost effective analytical point of reference to make informed human capital decisions.
Workforce analytics enable Human Resource professionals to be more engaged in the formulation and implementation of corporate strategy and implementation of learning programmes. The result is better fact-based decision-making capability that is aligned with the long-term business imperatives of their organizations.
"While organizations are able to obtain basic workforce data, relatively few are applying more advanced analytic techniques in their decision-making processes. At most, only 36% of companies are using workforce analytics to identify historical trends and patterns, and 13% are developing future-based scenarios based on this data ... Without these insights, the HR function finds itself subject not only to further scrutiny, but also to criticism for failing to adhere to the decision-making standards practiced by other functional areas." Getting Smart About Your Workforce: Why Analytics Matter, IBM
Extend the scope and depth of your human resources function through leveraging and extending existing IT applications.
View various human resources statistics within a dashboard that automatically graphs your headcount, payroll, and salary distribution and employee numbers.
Extract key data from your existing payroll into relevant data fields for your Workforce Planning, Employment Equity and Succession Planning initiatives
Typical human resources metrics would include employee retention, employee turnover, employee training, skill gaps, headcount, travel costs, overheads, and human resources scorecards.
Depending on the level and area of an individual's responsibility, the metrics would be presented for that area at appropriate aggregate levels with security to block non-privileged metrics. The following are some of the human resources areas that may be included within a dashboard:
- Skill gaps and training
- Employee satisfaction surveys and feedbacks
- Per-head productivity and revenue
- Employee costs, overheads, and benefits
- Full-time, part-time, and contractors
- Learnerships and artisan programmes
- Performance Management overviews
- Turnovers, new hires, and layoffs
- Age and retirement analyses
- Disciplinary records and trends
- Quarterly equity status reports
- HR Executive reports
Data extraction and manipulation
Many Human Resource practitioners have experienced the frustration of retrieving data and metrics from existing payroll or human resource applications. Whether it is for:
- Creating Human Resource or organisational dashboards;
- Extracting data from payrolls for in depth equity reporting, status reports, succession or workforce planning;
- Industrial relations reporting;
- Live metric reporting of key organisational or human resource metrics.
The extraction and manipulation of existing data sources represents a significant opportunity for human resource professionals to move beyond being an administrative and data input function to providing strategic input to organisational initiatives based on empirical data.
A dashboard design approach to business reporting allows unlimited information on a one-page dashboard report. Hundreds of relevant facts are on one page. Clear and effective charts, tables, visual indicators, and visual Interactive Dashboards are powerful tools for your business. They are applications built in MS Excel, My SQL or MS SQL that manage and convert your data into a visual display of relevant information. Interactive Dashboards are customised based on your requirements and preferences.
High performance businesses have strategies in place and integrate all parts of their organisations towards common goals. Effective dashboard or scorecard reports allow management to set goals, targets, checks, and balances and continuously monitor trends and KPIs.
The capability of decision makers to access key information whenever needed and the simplicity and effectiveness of the business reports they use are critical factors for high business performances.Whether you need executive reports, financial reports, sales dashboard, or any other report this could be customised on a daily basis. The dashboard displays vital KPIs designed to supply human resources management personnel with important data regarding the effectiveness, functionality and morale of their company. It is broken down into manageable sub-sections with part historical data to form a relative comparison to the up-to-date metrics.
Do you need to implement an online learning management system within your organisation? With your internal LMS you can elevate your skills training initiatives to the next level:
� Conduct online courses, or augment face-to-face courses (blended learning).
� Allow learners to interact with each other in collaborative communities of learning around their subject matter
� Deliver content to learners (such as standard SCORM packages) and assess learning using assignments or quizzes.
Sophisticated LMS allow managers to approve training, budgets and calendars alongside performance management and appraisal metrics.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Do you need an affordable software Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to manage sales, marketing and support.
Sales tools provide sales teams with the ability to capture, validate, and nurture potentials through the sales process, improving forecasting and enhancing success rates. Mass-email campaigns and marketing management tools enable optimisation of organisation-wide marketing efforts. Synchronize emails, contacts, and calendars using plugins for Outlook, Thunderbird, Gmail, Exchange, and more. Do your employees need remote mobile access to your most important reports, files and customer data whether inside the office or across the world?
- Utilise wiki software to create standard operating procedures
- Utilise internal discussion forums to generate internal corporate communication
- Implement a ticketing system to allow employees to log queries with human resources personnel
- Integrate data from different HR, ERP, learning management, finance, and sales systems into a common data warehouse where both standard and custom queries can be conducted
Project Tracking / Collaboration Tools
Why do you need an online project management software?
An online project management software is designed to help you keep your business more organized, know the latest happenings and have a better communication with your clients. So with this, you will start looking more professional and your work will reflect that. By incorporating a project management software you can get things done (GTD) with better quality.
Electronic Corporate Publications and Desktop Publishing
Do you need professional assistance in the design, production and electronic distribution of annual reports, shareholder communications, employee handbooks and Human Resource Manuals, Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives or Social Labour Plans?
Reach, Expand and Service Your Global Investor Audience
We have the team and experience to develop full design concepts and themes that are unique and appropriate in reflecting key messages to shareholders to a budget and under tight deadlines, we also offer a full print management and distribution services to ensure a smooth process.
Our annual report capabilities include:
- developing strategic investor relations messages
- creative design consistent with other aspects of the brand
- content and copywriting
- commission of photography and illustration
- project management
- artwork, retouching, typesetting and proof reading
- print and production management
- ancillary documents, mailing and distribution
- online shareholder communications and reporting
Content Management System (CMS)
Installation, customisation and maintenance of a Content Management System (CMS)
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don't have to.
We can install and customise CMSs for:
- Corporate Web sites, intranets or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organisational Web sites
- Community-based portals
Years experience: 13 years
Gregory de Villiers
B. Comm (Statistics and IT)
19 Years experience
Profile of skills
* XML & SOAP
* Programming Languages
* Mac OSX Sever
|* CMS development and support||* ICT Audit|
|* ICT Infrastructure Tests||* Network & CISCO Firewall Administration|
* Top 3rd Party Application Knowledge
Portfolio of Companies
* Non-profit and organisational Web sites
* World Sports Betting
|* Writing, Editing and Graphics|
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
Latest from Gary Watkins
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q3:2021
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q2:2021
- Consolidated Directions on Occupational Health and Safety Measures in certain workplaces as at 11 June 2021
- COVID19TERS Benefits as at 20 July 2021
- Adjusted Level 3 Lockdown - 25 July 2021