Stigma and discrimination play significant roles in the development and maintenance of the HIV epidemic in South Africa. People living with HIV and AIDS experience stigma and discrimination on an ongoing basis, and the workplace is not immune to it. Inspired by a true case brought to the court in South Africa, which addressed employment-related discrimination, this video provides an overview of the law and policy framework in the country, the existing challenges and the new opportunities of effective protection through the revised Code on HIV and AIDS and Employment and the implementation guidelines adopted by the Department of Labour.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
Latest from Gary Watkins
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q3:2021
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q2:2021
- Consolidated Directions on Occupational Health and Safety Measures in certain workplaces as at 11 June 2021
- COVID19TERS Benefits as at 20 July 2021
- Adjusted Level 3 Lockdown - 25 July 2021