COVID 19 TERS EASY AID
Section 8 of The National Disaster Regulation 10 empowers the Minister of Employment and Labour(the Minister) as required, may issue and vary directions, within his mandate, to address, prevent and combat the spread of COVID-19, from time to time, including:
a. Disseminating information required for dealing with the national state of disaster,
b. Implementing emergency procurement procedures,
c. Taking any other steps that may be necessary to prevent an escalation of the national state of disaster, or to alleviate, contain and minimize the effects of the national state of disaster, or
d. Taking steps to facilitate international assistance.
In line with the above regulation, the Minister has announced measures that the Department will put in place under the current special circumstance relating to the Corona virus (COVID-19) and its impact on UIF contributors.
The Unemployment Insurance Fund will assist affected workers through existing benefits including Illness, Reduced Work Time, Unemployment and Temporary Employer/Employee Relief Scheme (TERS) benefits.
The Unemployment Insurance Commissioner, after consultation with Unemployment Insurance Executive, has also developed a Corona Virus Temporary Employer-Employee Relief Scheme (COVID19TERS) to contribute to the containment of the Corona Virus and its impact.
Employer/s that have to enforce lock down as regulated and who might require financial assistance from the UIF should access information regarding available funding through a dedicated mailbox: email@example.com.
On receipt of a request, an automated response will be sent outlining the procedure and documents/information required by the Fund to process application.
2. EASY-AID GUIDE FOR CLIENTS TO ACCESS UI FUNDING THROUGH COVID19
Key Documents required
- Letter of Authority, on an official company letterhead granting permission to an individual specified to lodge a claim on behalf of the company
- MOA (completion of the agreement between UIF, Bargaining Council and Employer)
- Prescribed template that will require critical information from the employer
- Evidence/payroll as proof of last three months employee(s) salary(ies)
- Confirmation of bank account details in the form of certified latest bank statement
All documents submitted will be subject to verification.
Submit/transmit all documents as required in Step 1 to UIF via dedicated mailbox Covid19claims@labour.gov.za
NB: If the spreadsheet is complete; valid and accurate, it will dumped into an automated calculator to produce the benefit amount due to the beneficiaries and the total amount to be transferred to the employer or bargaining council or whichever method agreed.
Step 3: Conclusion
Conclusion of the MOA between parties.
Payment will only be effected after MOA sign off between the Fund and the Employer/Bargaining Council.
The UIF will provide a dedicated line that will assist all employer/employees/Bargaining Councils on COVID19TERS. The contact number is 012 337 1997.
4. CONCLUDING POINT
All relevant/key information or any urgent changes will be placed on the Department’s web site, www.labour.gov.za
Unemployment Insurance Fund Commissioner
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
Latest from Gary Watkins
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q3:2021
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q2:2021
- Consolidated Directions on Occupational Health and Safety Measures in certain workplaces as at 11 June 2021
- COVID19TERS Benefits as at 20 July 2021
- Adjusted Level 3 Lockdown - 25 July 2021