While manual reporting submissions closed on 1 October 2015, online reporting closes on 15 January 2016 - ensure that your organisation is compliant by submitting forms EE2 and EE4 which can be downloaded from the online site.
All employers are required to submit the above forms - more information can be found in Schedule 4 on the DoL Employment Equity Amendment Act link below. The reference to 'designated employers' means employer that either has 50 employees or where the turnover is more than that indicated in Schedule 4.
Copies of the reports must also be displayed in the workplace. The WorkInfo August 2015 Equity & Human Resources Newsletter referred to the risk of non-compliance - an airline operator was recently fined R900k for non-compliance. The online site is user-friendly and indicates the information required to register.
During the recent Department of Labour [DoL] roadshows participants were reminded that 'Employment Equity in the workplace should not be treated as an afterthought, but a business imperative'. Apparently the CCMA [Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration] already has 2 500 cases referred to it on discrimination on arbitrary grounds, dispute over equal pay for work of equal value, and sexual harassment.
Women and equity was also recently addressed by GALLUP - an organisation that monitors issues that matter most to societies worldwide by delivering delivers analytics and advice to help leaders and organizations solve their most pressing problems. The opinion that women still lag behind men in the context of workplace equity was based on a US sample survey conducted in August 2015.
Last modified onMonday, 02 November 2015 23:51
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
- Employment and Labour on tabling of Amended Employment Equity Bill
- National and Regional Economically Active Population - QLFS Q2 2019
- Amendment to EEA Regulations: New format for EEA4
- National and Regional Economically Active Population - QLFS Q1 2019
- National and Regional Economically Active Population - QLFS Q4 2018
Latest from Gary Watkins
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q3:2021
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q2:2021
- Consolidated Directions on Occupational Health and Safety Measures in certain workplaces as at 11 June 2021
- COVID19TERS Benefits as at 20 July 2021
- Adjusted Level 3 Lockdown - 25 July 2021
Login to post comments