Causes of interest in collective agreements and contracts of employment which are either unusual, creative or simply represent new ideas. Many simply represent the "new society" we now live in, and attempt to "accommodate" non traditional values or address long-standing societal issues (e.g. spousal abuse and the impact on the workplace). This list will be updated on a regular basis.
The [Organisation] and the [Trade Union] have agreed to implement a new special leave to respond to the needs of employees victims of domestic violence. When such abuse occurs, up to five paid leave days per school year would be granted to the employee. Moreover, additional leave may be granted at the discretion of the supervisor.
The [Organisation] and the [Trade Union] have negotiated changes to the Call Back Outside Schedule clause. Henceforth, when an immediate response or action is required, employees will be compensated for the time they use internet, text messages, emails, or other electronic messaging to respond to work-related requests outside their normal working hours.
The [Organisation] and the [Trade Union] have agreed to improve the unpaid leave clause specific to the religious holidays. Employees can now benefit from unlimited time off when they request to observe their official religious holy days. Previously, this leave was limited to 3 days per year.
Abortion / Family Responsibility Leave / Bereavement Leave?
The [Organisation] and the [Trade Union] made a new change to the bereavement leave in the event of an abortion. In fact, 5 days of leave will be granted to an employee when an abortion occurs during or after the 20th week of pregnancy.
[Editor's note: we do not support nor promote abortions and actively promote the "Right to Life"]
In order to build a workplace environment where diversity is valued and respected, the [Organisation] and the [Trade Union] have negotiated a new inclusion practice. Employees, who provide a medical certificate indicating that they will require a leave of absence to undergo the medical procedures related to a physical change of gender, will be granted two months paid leave at the regular rate of pay.
The [Organisation] and the [Trade Union] have agreed to include a new accommodation to adapt the workplace to persons with disabilities. The employer will be responsible for ensuring that employees with visual impairments have access to the collective agreement in appropriate and accessible format.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
- Code of Good Practice: Collective Bargaining, Industrial Action and Picketing
- South Africa: Code of Good Practice to Tackle Violent Wage Strikes
- Unions sign three-year wage agreement with Sasol
- Collective Bargaining in South Africa - Free Market Foundation
- Gerhard Bosch on employment relationships, social protection, and minimum wages
Latest from Gary Watkins
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q3:2021
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q2:2021
- Consolidated Directions on Occupational Health and Safety Measures in certain workplaces as at 11 June 2021
- COVID19TERS Benefits as at 20 July 2021
- Adjusted Level 3 Lockdown - 25 July 2021