NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE ACT NO. 9 OF 2018
No 76 8 February 2021
I, Thembelanl Waltermade Nxesi, Minister of Employment and Labour, hereby in terms of Section 6 (5) of the National Minimum Wage Act. No. 9 of 2018, amend the national minimum wages contained In Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 of the National Minimum Wage Act, published under Government Notice No. ~3026 of 17 February 2020, In accordance with the schedules hereto and fix the 1 March 2021 as the date on which this amendment shall become binding.
SCHEDULE 1 NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE (SECTION 6(5))
1. Substitute clause 1 under schedule 1 as reflected in Government Gazette No. 43026 of 17 February 2020 with the following:
1. Subject to item 2, the national minimum wage is R21.69 for each ordinary hour worked.
2. Despite item 1
(a) farm workers are entitled to a minimum wage of R21.69 per hour;
(b) domestic workers are entitled to a minimum wage of R19.09 per hour;
(c) workers employed on an expanded public works programme are entitled to a minimum wage of RI 1.93 per hour; and
(d) workers who have concluded learnership agreements contemplated in section 17 of the Skills Development Act, 1998 (Act No. 97 of 1998), are entitled to the allowances contained in Schedule 2.
SCHEDULE 2 LEARNERSHIP ALLOWANCES (Section 6(5))
2. Substitute schedule 2: Learnership allowance as reflected in Government Gazette No. 43026 of 17 February 2020 with the following:
SECTORAL DETERMINATION 1: CONTRACT CLEANING SECTOR
3. Substitute schedule 2: Contract Cleaning Sector minimum wages as reflected in Government Gazette No. 43094, published on the 13 March 2020 with the following:
SECTORAL DETERMINATION 9: WHOLESALE AND RETAIL SECTOR
4. Substitute schedule 2: Wholesale and Retail Sector minimum wages as reflected in Government Gazette No. 43026 of 17 February 2020 with the following:
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
Latest from Gary Watkins
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q3:2021
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q2:2021
- Consolidated Directions on Occupational Health and Safety Measures in certain workplaces as at 11 June 2021
- COVID19TERS Benefits as at 20 July 2021
- Adjusted Level 3 Lockdown - 25 July 2021